Arizona State University, Phoenix (2014- May 2018)
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Internships and Relevant Experience
Photo and video digital producer at Cronkite News. Phoenix, January-May 2018
Cronkite News is the news division of Arizona PBS. The daily news products are produced by the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University.
- Photographed breaking news and evergreen stories often times in collaboration with other Cronkite News reporters
- Produced short and long form video on digital platforms
- Bylines with:
Phoenix New Times editorial intern. Phoenix, January-May 2018.
Phoenix New Times is the definitive source of information for news, music, movies, restaurants, reviews, and events in Phoenix.
- Covered art & culture and music verticals for publication on digital and print platforms
- Photographed events for digital site
The Arizona Republic | azcentral.com breaking news intern. Phoenix, August-December 2017
azcentral.com is the Valley’s number one site for top local news and information from breaking news, investigative journalism and community stories, to things to do, sports, politics and more.
- Covered local breaking news and community stories featured online and in print
- Photographed events for azcentral.com
Destination I Do & Honeymoons Too! Magazine editorial intern. Chandler, January-April 2017
The first magazine dedicated to engaged couples considering a destination wedding or honeymoon. Published bi-annually with a circulation in all U.S. states and in 14 countries.
- Wrote blog posts for real destination wedding submissions and advertorial products
- Social media management (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
Reporter for State Press Magazine (2016): Volume 17, Issue One and Two
The State Press is an award-winning multimedia news organization focused on ASU with a magazine that is published three times a semester and is distributed to all four ASU campuses
- Wrote articles covering art and community outreach
Published in hometown newspaper: The Douglas Dispatch
- “Douglas High School Honors Student Leaders” (2012) (Vol. 133, No. 47)
- “Performance artist invokes high school students to reclaim community narratives” (2016) (Vol. 117, No. 44)
Fluent Spanish speaker, writer and reader
Clerical: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint Basic HTML and CSS coding
Visual: Shooting, Lighting, Adobe Premiere Pro
Audio: Adobe Audition
Social Media Management: Twitter, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram
Relevant coursework: Advanced Spanish conversation and composition for bilinguals, magazine writing, videography, multimedia journalism, news reporting and writing